Bought in July 1986 from Robert & Eileen Troup (now of Tulloch), gas & peat dealer
From 1987 until 2007 used as a small hotel; 2007 onwards used as a B&B Please see Auchendean B&B Website
Built by the MacIntosh (?McIntosh) family who lived at Speybend (next door to Auchendean) at the time The son who acquired the land from the Seafield Estate was a butler at Castle Grant
Plans dated 1908 Decorators inscriptions below wallpaper and under the lead roof (found when decorating and putting on a new roof – latter in 1990 after a damaging storm) suggest March 1911 was the date the building was completed
1986 – 1987 converted to a small hotel with 9 bedrooms, 3 of which were en-suite.
1989 converted 2 rooms to ensuite
1990 converted double garage (with 2 rooms over) to a flat, by adding a third garage & 3rd first floor room, one of which was altered to a bathroom
1997 combined two rooms in the attic into one large en-suite, adding large windows to take in the views
2001 converted flat above garage to self catering unit
2007 after 20 years of trading Eric Hart and Ian Kirk closed the hotel in October 2007 and changed it back to their own residence, using a few rooms for Bed & Breakfast accommodation. The self catering flat is still operational
Nethy Bridge Community Centre
We are grateful to the listed businesses and organisations, without which it would not be possible to run a community website.
A charitable company limited by guarantee
Registered charity number: SC 012389
Company registration number: SC 379387