COVID-19 Announcement: In view of ongoing COVID-19 pandemic our committee has decided to cancel dancing until the end of this year. This will be reviewed in December with the hope we can resume dancing in the New Year.
Take care all and stay safe.
James Charles Grant ? To 1968; Mysie Lillian Clark 1968 to 1977; Sheila & Maurice Smith 1977 to 1998; Gillianne & David Clegg 1998 – present day
Angus Reid Evans (Spey Building & Joinery)
North of the River Nethy, by the river.
Craiggowrie, (the original house) is believed to have been built prior to 1870 (see Flox Cottage) and extended in length at some point, possibly 1936.
It was bought in 1968 by Mysie Lillian Clark of Greenfield, Kingussie, from James Charles Grant who had moved to Aberdeen, Craiggowrie having apparently been owned by the Grant family until that date.
In 1977 Miss Clark who had moved to Glencairn, Kincardine, sold the house to Sheila & Maurice Smith who lived across the road at Tigh Beag.
Craiggowrie was then used by them as holiday rental accommodation until 1998.
It was then bought by Gillianne & David Clegg from Rochdale, who spent most of their holidays there until moving in permanently in late Spring 2004.
The decision was then regretfully taken to re build Craiggowrie as having stood on the plot for more than 130 years it was sadly beyond renovation.
Craiggowrie (the new house) was designed for Gillianne & David by Architect Les Hunter to replace in a sympathetic manner, the old house which had been one of the few remaining original timber houses in Nethy Bridge.
The original Craiggowrie was carefully demolished by John Kirk in August 2005 and the new Craiggowrie, expertly built by Angus Reid Evans was completed in Spring 2006.
Re build completed 2006, Original house Harled Timber with Steel Roof. New house Timber frame with Steel roof.
Nethy Bridge Community Centre
We are grateful to the listed businesses and organisations, without which it would not be possible to run a community website.
A charitable company limited by guarantee
Registered charity number: SC 012389
Company registration number: SC 379387