In 1855/6 James Gordon postmaster appears with a sub post office of Grantown located ‘in a small house near Duack bridge’ – from early OS maps it appears to be on the site of Kimberly.
Gordon continued as postmaster but by 1901 the work required ‘a rural postman’ then based at Cherry Cottage, with an assistant and several post runners.
Between the wars the post office was for a time at Nethy House before the move to the present site.
Nethy Bridge Community Centre
We are grateful to the listed businesses and organisations, without which it would not be possible to run a community website.
A charitable company limited by guarantee
Registered charity number: SC 012389
Company registration number: SC 379387