Forres [Broomhill] and Craigellachie [Nethy Bridge] lines were opened soon after each other in early 1860s; at first the latter station was the terminus and so had a turntable for the engine but a few years later the link line to Boat of Garten was built.
Nethy station was first called Abernethy but after goods ended up in the Abernethy near Perth, the name was changed; the direct line to Inverness by Carrbridge was opened in 1884.
Local lines closed in 1960s.
Nethy Bridge Community Centre
We are grateful to the listed businesses and organisations, without which it would not be possible to run a community website.
A charitable company limited by guarantee
Registered charity number: SC 012389
Company registration number: SC 379387